Years ago, the office desk set consisted of a stapler, tape dispenser, penholder, and possibly a business card holder. Today, you will discover a huge selection of desk sets, some basic, and some designed for the true executive. Whether looking for a new desk set for your office or the perfect gift for someone special, the following will give you some ideas of your options. Remember, there are literally thousands of desk accessories and sets, offering everything imaginable and then some.
- Silver Tape Dispenser – If you know of someone with a silver desk set, a tape dispenser is not just functional but also beautiful and affordable, usually less than $40. If you want a tape dispenser with a contemporary flair, silver is always a perfect choice. Perfect for both ½ and ¾-inch tape, this dispenser adds a touch of style to any desk.
- Leather Coaster Set – Many times, executives will have office meetings, which often mean cups of coffee or soft drinks. To protect an executive desk, you might think about a six-piece leather coaster set for around $30. Typically, this type of coaster set comes in a beautiful box where the coasters can be stored away until ready to use.
- Desk Calculator – For both corporate and home offices, just about everyone needs a desktop calculator. For less than $10, you could purchase a sophisticated silver and black calculator that has a sleek and attractive style. The small size takes up little space while the calculator itself is highly functional.
- Desk Pads – Unfortunately, leaking desk pens is a common problem for many people. To protect glass or rich wood, desk pads are the perfect solution. The exciting thing about this feature of a desk set is that they come in so many fun varieties, meaning you could choose something elegant, sophisticated, or simply fun and whimsical.
- Putter Desk Set – For the boss that has everything, the one hard to buy for a putter desk set is fun and executive. Often, people will be on a phone conversation and be playing with the desk putter set at the same time. Perfect for a little down time, this set includes a wood practice cup, two white golf balls, one, four-piece travel putter with wooden shaft and brass or pewter accents, and a nice carry case for travel and business meetings.
- Leather Desk Set – Leather is a favorite material for a desk set in that it looks rich and will last. When choosing something made from leather, it would be worth your while to pay a little more for fine quality materials and workmanship. Although each leather desk set is unique, many will include a memo holder, business card holder, desk pad, pencil cup, letter holder, pen stand, letter tray, and letter opener.